Saturday, December 18, 2010

silk/rayon velvet turned lilac, wow

look at this, can't believe the colour:

since the wool and silk have not taken this colour, it has to be the rayon that turned lilac with the eucalyptus leaves and pods


I just can't get over it, not my favourite colour, but a delight no less............
Well, you guessed it, there will be a copied bundle on the boild pretty soon, to see if I can repeat this colour.

I know India writes and tells of this, but I just can not get over the fact, that the same plant (Eucalyptus we are talking about, don't know so much with the other plants) can give you from nothing to magic, and the colour changes with seasons, combinations and so on.
For somebody like me, who would prefer some prediction, its FRUSTRATING.... but also humbling, to not be in charge for once................

Better get back to work then.....................

3 comments:

india flint said...

well it looks to me as though you are muttering the right incantations!

madeleine said...

thanks India,
well, did I ever, hope for some more tomorrow, got some 'bellishing to do.
Getting a rusty bucket of interesting things, its fun what people find in their backyards for you.............
and you were right food tins do nice things, also rusting keys, the older the better, love my metals
ciao

Anonymous said...

love this colour..l love the fact that everything keeps changing..like Christmas every day!Ha. I was given some rusty stuff the other day..you should have my heard my husbands comments when he saw what had been in the bag left outside the front door.Ha The label just said...rust things for the dyeing lady!HaStill don't know who left it.
Lynda