Monday, August 08, 2011

What you can do with oxalis

It's a weed, it's a mordant but it also produces this:

What a dark strong yellow, mind you it is still wet.


It is oxalis on wool, my alltime favourite plant because it delivers me the best ever greens, I simply love it.

Did not work last week, needed to wait until the yellow flowers came out, now I am getting results.

I had it layered with aluminium foil as the next photo will explain

Remember, we have spring here..........

 
This are prints from eucalyptus leaves which on their own do not realy produce prints, but as chance favoured me, I found it needs the tops from food tins and then I get very unusual shades from browns to maroons to mauves, hence the added aluminium foil and the strong yellow from oxalis flowers...


Isn't nature imaginative?????????????????


What a pleasure unwrapping is...........

2 comments:

india flint said...

ain't mother nature grand!

Lynda Howells said...

she is that. amazing work.xxlynda
http://tryingtocreatearteveryday.blogspot.co.uk
and
http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.com