Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Disaster struck ..........

here I go, especially left the latest batch of bundles settle for 24hrs, like a good girl.............
what did I get when I unpack: DISASTER that is..........it disintergrated in my hands!
'
You see, I read on India's blog about the magic printing in what might be lime water, and what does silly me do?

I make up saturated limewater und use this in my very special bundles:
  • 3 scarves of 1.7 m x 40 cm & 1 finished fringes scarve of silk/rayon velvet plus a big piece of the above
  • big piece of dupion silk
  • and other bits and pieces
  • some wool, the thicker one survived undamaged, the thinner one disintegrated too.......
Even made photos without the disc in the camera, caught up, so and here it's visually:



more when I feel better.................

Ok, I can see lots of stitching, stitching, stitching.......... with all this little frazzled pieces, that is if I can stabilise the fabric............

3 comments:

india flint said...

oi gevalt!!!

Julie Shackson said...

They do look like interesting scraps to embellish with though!

madeleine said...

Thanks,
they do look like very interesting, very expensive scraps, will make some photos when they are dry, and there is no wind to blow the lot away, funny how the fabric but not the leaves desintegrated..........................
a lesson to be learnt there?